CME is seeking an experienced, self-motivated construction inspector for upcoming projects in East & Central Contra Costa County. The successful candidate will provide construction inspection services on structures and state highway system and local projects with a heavy emphasis on large transportation projects, paving, and sewers. This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop and employ state-of-the-art eInspection and eConstruction tools and techniques.
Previous Caltrans Construction Inspection experience is highly desired. The position will be required to learn and employ CME’s eInspection tools and training will be provided. The successful candidate may be required to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Inspect the various stages of construction up to completion. Be familiar with and interpret plans, specifications, and construction codes. Verify construction work is performed in accordance with specifications, plans, and drawings; applicable building codes; and regulations.
- Monitor the implementation of safety requirements at construction sites. Assist in maintaining and promoting a safe work environment while complying with Client’s safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor the implementation of traffic control plans.
- Maintain a daily construction activity log, reports, and other documentation including photographs per client and CME requirements.
- Prepare or review and approve progress reports related to contractor payments.
- Prepare reports to document on-site labor, materials, and equipment. Prepare reports to document the delivery of materials and equipment.
- Conduct surveillance of quality-related activities and specialty inspections as specified in construction plans and specifications.
- Coordinate preparation of required inspection reports for timely submittal.
- Oversee inspections such as concrete, electrical, soil, landscaping, asphalt mixes, and reinforcing steel for conformance to specifications and contract requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Caltrans methods, processes, and requirements with a good understanding of Caltrans standards and specifications.
- 5+ years of experience with construction inspection of highways or public works projects.
- Strong computer and analytical skills
Bonus: 10% of Salary upon completion of project assignment
Full Medical Coverage